Editing sells manuscripts.
The difference between a finished manuscript and a published book is the quality of the edit and the rewrite. A good editor never prescribes but works with the writer to bring out the best in the story.
I have over fifteen years’ experience in the book industry and as an editor. As an Accredited Editor with the Institute for Professional Editors (IPEd), I help writers with story arc, plot, character, setting and other elements. I also provide copy editing and proofreading services and can help with the two key elements in the pitching and submissions process: the synopsis and query letter.
Email Laura Boon at email@example.com for a quotation. Please include the following details:
- Length of manuscript
- Requirements (assessment, structural edit, copy edit, proofreading)
- Objective (self-publish, publishing house etc)
- Anything else you think may be important for me to know
Terms and conditions:
- Electronic submissions are preferred. Please provide text as a Word document.
- Manuscripts may be posted, in which case you must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Manuscript must be complete when submitted (at least a first draft)
- Fifty percent of the agreed fee is due on acceptance of quotation. The remainder of the fee is payable prior to handover of edit
- The editor is happy to correspond with the writer regarding the edit / report once completed.